By Ross Lebeter. Associate Consultant – Automotive Recruitment, JGA UK.
Why use an Automotive Recruitment Specialist?
– Times have changed – the UK motor industry is enjoying success and with it an extremely competitive employment environment. Candidates now realise they have options and a third party to highlight your company strengths is often the key to securing the top talent.
– Proven performers are usually in employment and not actively looking for a move. We specialise in building and maintaining long term relationships with high performers and we can present to them your outstanding opportunity when the time is right.
– Top performers don’t ‘apply’ for a job – they get head hunted.
When does it make sense to use an Automotive Recruitment Specialist?
– For important positions which can make a large impact on your bottom line or the streamlined operation of an important department. When getting the very best performer is key, use a recruiter.
– Automotive Recruitment specialists will act as a safety net for the candidate – highlighting your dealer groups strengths will be expected from you – however it will be seen as a genuine observation if a recruiter does it and will raise you above the competition before you’ve even met the candidate.
– In addition, use a recruiter to save time. We all know that time is money and seeing your inbox fill with 200+ applications will not do your business any favours. You concentrate on making money, let a recruiter do the leg work.
– Finally, for unimportant roles or for roles with no time pressures, try to recruit yourself. If you are unsuccessful, I’m sure your recruiter could help!
How is John Gibson Associates different from employment agencies and ‘call centre recruiters’?
– A good automotive recruitment specialist should bring to you the best talent ‘in the market’, not purely the best talent ‘on the market’. Your own vacancy ads and other ‘call centre recruiters’ will only supply the people who are currently looking for work.
– A good recruiter will work for you. We will not waste your time submitting sub-standard candidates, purely to seem as though we are the fastest at finding people.
– We take the time to understand the job requirement, approach the right ‘top performers’ and verify their claims.
– We will have personally interviewed and reference checked every submitted candidate. Thus ensuring anyone we recommend to a client in our opinion could do the job and has received good references. This will leave you to decide whether they are right for you and your team, not wondering why they are sat in front of you wasting an hour of your time.
Is it important for your recruiter to personally have motor industry experience?
– YES! Always ask the question of your recruiter – ‘Do you have experience working within the motor industry?’ Even ask whether they have worked in your geographical area.
– An industry experienced recruiter will provide a better service. They will understand the job brief more clearly, understanding what the nature of the problem is and what you require to fix it.
– They will also understand the language used by candidates, see through any exaggerations and know who to talk to in order to verify performance claims.
– An industry experienced recruiter will also make a better, more informed impression on your behalf.
Should you use more than one recruiter on an assignment?
– Generally it is almost always best to develop a solid relationship with your recruiter and use them exclusively on your assignments.
– Using multiple recruiters will lead to crossed paths in the search for candidates.
– This can and usually does, result in some of the following; when a candidate hears of the same position from multiple recruiters you may be seen as the company with a ‘revolving door’ and a staff turnover problem. You may also be at risk of becoming known for raiding staff from other sites which can result in retaliation. You may also scare off candidates who will decline the opportunity as it appears it is being offered to many candidates, not a select few top performers.
How important is an ongoing relationship with a recruiter?
– Maintaining a good relationship with your recruiter is crucial in responding quickly to staffing requirements.
– A good relationship with a recruiter means they already understand your business and can more quickly approach the top performers with an opportunity.
– A recruiter on your side will spread the good word about your company. It can be a massive PR boost to embrace the relationship with your recruiter. A third party success story is always better than coming directly from you.
– A good recruiter will always act more quickly for a favoured client, giving precedence to their vacancies, even the smaller positions.
How can you judge a recruiter’s performance?
– Are they professional in their day-to-day communication with you?
– Are they doing a good job of supplying quality candidates? Not purely ‘on paper’, but did they recommend candidates who met your requirements for personality, management style and specific experience?
Why should you use John Gibson Associates?
– We are the UK’s leading Automotive Recruitment specialists and we’re ‘good at what we do’. We save you time, we have motor industry experience, we understand your specific requirements, we harbour the ‘best talent in the market’, we are trust worthy, confidential and professional on a daily basis.
– The candidates we recommend to a client will be capable of performing to a high level.
– We will have personally interviewed, reference checked and verified our candidates.
– You will be left purely with the task of interviewing a shortlist of exceptional candidates in order to decide which one is the best fit for you and your team.
If you would value a recruiter relationship as highlighted above, please do not hesitate to contact Ross Lebeter of John Gibson Associates on email@example.com or directly on 07920 746 022.
To see how working with an Automotive Recruitment specialist can help drive your ambitions forward, click here to read about our services