VW Golf R are stepping up their game with a new ‘mega hatch’ which will promote a new 4WD with aims to create the most extreme version of a hatchback of its time.
With the Mk8 Golf due to go on sale next year, it has been described to be the most ‘versatile car’, hitting top sale charts across Europe. VW are looking to further strengthen the brands position in the hot hatch segment, leaving rivals such as Honda, Mercedes and Audi in the dark. It has been said that the Golf R is going beyond the rational, providing a compact car with 400bhp.
As well as boost in performance, the Golf will give a more aggressive look over previous models:
- Showing of a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder turbo, with 4MOTION all-wheel drive
- Seven-speed DSG gearbox
- The car will sit 40mm wider than usual
- Comes with 19″ alloys
- Subtly flared wheel arches
- 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, with a top speed of 174mph
- Gloss black roof with carbon fibre mirror cars
- Leather bucket seats
- Decorative stitching across the seats, steering wheel, door cards and door mats, along with a couple of extras on the dash and centre console.
(source information: www.autoexpress.co.uk | www.thetorquereport.com | www.autoevolution.com | www.autoexpress.co.uk)