The automotive sector has enjoyed fantastic performance over the last few years, and is widely regarded to have excellent future prospects. It also offers great opportunities for a variety of disciplines, from engineers to sales advisors, providing employment chances for people of many different skill sets. However, many businesses in the automotive industry are still struggling with recruitment due to a shortage of qualified candidates.
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) recently looked at the situation and highlighted five reasons why people should choose a career in the sector. These are:
1) Growth. Production reached a 10 year high last year, totalling 1.59 million cars. This is expected to grow further and reach 2 million by 2020.
2) Rewards. Salaries in the automotive industry are competitive and a number of businesses offer perks and reward schemes too.
3) Personal development. Every year businesses in the UK invest approximately £100 million in staff training and development. This means there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things and progress.
4) Technology. The sector is one of the most technologically advanced in the world and is responsible for many cutting edge developments.
5) Improving the service. As well as personal development businesses also spend millions improving their services to attract customers. Employees can benefit from this too, expanding their skill sets and abilities to deliver excellent service.
At John Gibson Associates we are committed to helping businesses in the automotive industry to meet their recruitment needs. We have a strong track record for advertising roles effectively and finding the right person for each the job. We will develop a unique strategy for each individual client, ensuring we are focused specifically on meeting their needs.
We have been involved in motor trade recruitment for many years and have seen the challenges that businesses can face both in attracting talent and coping with the competition. Our team can step in to help with both of these issues and will do all we can to provide the maximum value for our clients. To arrange a consultation please contact us so we can discuss your needs and explain what kind of services we can offer.